目前終於由Skype官方正式公佈在蘋果iTunes App Store上架的消息，與先前對應iPhone螢幕的介面不同，iPad版本善用了偌大的螢幕尺寸，讓操作導覽更直接，使用文字或視訊通訊也變得更方便。
Skype for iPad已經可在蘋果App Store中下載安裝，同時適用硬體為iPad、iPad 2，但iPad使用者僅能接收他人視訊畫面 (因本身並未搭載視訊鏡頭)，同時內建iOS版本需在4.0以上。
Since the introduction of Skype for iPhone with video calling on New Year's Eve 2010, we've seen growing demand for a Skype app for the iPad.
The wait is over, as today we launched Skype for iPad now available for download in the iTunes App Store.
Skype for iPad is beautifully designed and optimized for the iPad. It offers the best of both worlds for users who want a larger Skype experience, on-the-go. The large iPad screen is perfect for bringing Skype video calls to life, in either landscape or portrait view, and because it is on the iPad, Skype video calls can be made at the beach, in a car or even lying on a couch.
Not only does Skype for iPad feature an interface that takes advantage of the large screen, but there are a number of additional iPad-optimized features found in this new app, including:
- Two-way video calling.* With Skype video calling available on iPhones, as well as in Skype for Android, Skype for Mac, Skype for Windows, Skype on HDTVs and more - you can connect to over 170 million Skype connected users worldwide**.
- Instant messaging. You can even instant message during a video call on your iPad, with emoticons to personalize your message.
- Simple to view contacts. Contacts are now displayed in a grid on Skype for iPad, showing large avatar photos - making it easy to find your contacts and conversations.
- Easy navigation. Find your recent Skype conversations and history at the touch of a button making searching simple.
- Simple SMS texting. An SMS text message can be sent by simply opening a contact and selecting SEND SMS or by opening the dial pad, typing in the number you wish to SMS and then typing your message.